Any creature's brain that has the same basic makeup of a human's brain also has the capacity for Polarity - but does not necessarily have the ability outright. Throughout history and modern times, animals have been well-documented to:
- Predict natural disasters such as earthquakes and bad weather.
- Detect illnesses in people. There are dogs specifically trained, for example, to alert owners when they are about to have an epileptic seizure.
- Empathize with their owners by exhibiting the same emotions.
- Predict the death of people. You may remember Oscar the cat. He could predict when tenants at a nursing home were about to pass away.
- Growl and snarl at some people for no apparent reason. Conversely, they will also happily gravitate towards others for equally no apparent reason.